Mission and aims
The members of EFL strive for the joint development and realisation of sustainable living areas in Europe. This mission is enhanced by an intensive cooperation and knowledge exchange between partners in the housing, real estate, financing, development, building and energy sector, thus creating synergy and integrated solutions.
Execution of the Mission
EFL’s strength lies in the participating parners engagement to share knowledge and experiences and sustainable interests for cooperation. Members participate in EFL in order to execute their own core activities and to gain knowledge of complementary participants (chain integration). They use newly acquired knowledge and give prominence to innovation of knowledge within the organisation.
EFL’s mission translates itself into the following objectives.
- Providing diversified living and working areas for different target groups and income levels (differentiation in living and working);
- Realisation of sustainable neigborhoods:
• low energy use and provision of renewable energy
• social acceptable
- Realising high-quality design of built-up and vacant areas (pleasant dwelling, working and living conditions);
- Realising a suitable level of services for the environment (residents and users);
- Creating sufficient employment and good conditions for setting up businesses for entrepreneurs (combination of living and working).
EFL’s ambition is to play a key role in Europe. A consortium with financially solid partners, the largest housing companies and a joint portfolio of more than 400,000 dwellings and business units will be able to make a concrete contribution to the EU’s aims. At the moment, modernizing the existing stock of rented aparments and making them energy-saving has priority. With its mission, EFL follows the aims decided on within the European Commission and will therefore be able to avail itself of the financial instruments provided by the EU. Programs such as ‘Intelligent Energy Europe’ (EFL Program REBECEE in 2008), or INTERREG (Project 2011-2015) are important mechanisms for the execution of EFL’s aims.
EFL cooperates with EURHONET in respect to European Calls for Proposals.